Rock Climbing: Garda Lake & Dolomites
Do you know that in San Lorenzo Dorsino, at foot of Brenta Dolomites, UNESCO World Heritage, there is a cliff in a fascinating place. It's one of the most beatiful rock walls in Italy, unfortunatly closed from '90 years.
Thanks to DolomitiOpen, an amateur sport association, the unique crag "La Falesia Dimenticata" is given back to the community. With a campain:
- DolomitiOpen plans to buy from the current owner about 1000 sq meters of land, including the cliff and the meadows directly below it
- DolomitiOpen will also take care of re-nailing the climbs and restore the area
- The first 10 itineraries will be re-nailed also thanks to the contribution our sponsors, which pledged to donate the necessary material
CLIMBING BETWEEN THE BRENTA DOLOMITES AND GARDA LAKETrentino offers wonderful opportunities for climbing enthusiasts. The Terme di Comano-Dolomiti di Brenta touristic area is situated not very far from Lake Garda and Arco, just a bit higher up, after the Ballino Pass. It’s a real outdoor paradise, perfect for climbing, where climbers of all levels are very welcome.
- There are 11 climbing gyms in the valley, for a total of over 400 dedicated and signposted routes
- In the heart of the Adamello Brenta Natural Park you can climb classic routes that are part of mountaineering history in the Brenta Dolomites
- is a fantastic “middle land” between Lake Garda and the Brenta Dolomites
- UNESCO has assigned us special status on a number of occasions! For the Brenta Dolomites, the Alpi Ledrensi Judicaria MAB Biosphere and for the pile-dwelling site of Fiavé
- Terme di Comano: a precious natural spa, beneficial for the skin
- Lots of small treasures to discover: two of Italy’s most beautiful hamlets, the Fiavè pile-dwellings from 2000 B.C., the archaeological site of San Martino, and the Castles of Stenico, Campo, Restor and Spine
- Numerous genuine local food products, two of which have Slow Food recognition: the Ciuiga del Banale (type of sausage) and the Noce del Bleggio (walnuts)
www.dolomiti-open.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org